2008/3/31, Matthew East <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>  A better solution in my opinion would be to move the
>  Applications -> System Tools submenu to a System -> Tools submenu.

I agree that the current setup is very poor, for the reasons already presented.

If the System -> Tools is unfeasible at this point, and if the System
Monitor is not wanted to put back under System menu (under a submenu
or as a separate item), it could fit in the Applications->Accessories
well enough. Print jobs tool is already there, which is a bit
similar...

That would leave only hwtest-gtk, which is strictly an admin tool
(asks for sudo rights) so it could maybe fit under the System menu. I
actually liked its place inside the HAL Device Manager when such
program was included, now I'm not sure where it should be...

By the hwtest-gtk is currently completely untranslated and
untranslatable:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hwtest/+bug/202447, which
adds to the need of it being not too visible unless the bug is fixed.

-Timo