Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote:
> would basic defaults making
> jackd output to PulseAudio hurt anybody? Sure it would be slow, it would
> not be serious at all, but would it allow people that can stand that use
> JACK then? Others, as you said, will configure it.

Yes. It would hurt people expecting a particular latency. Look thorough
the ubuntu-studio-users mailing list about this. Getting JACK to work
with PulseAudio is the lesser issue to getting good latency timings.

In talking to the guys on #jack, #ardour and Paul Davis himself routing
JACK through Pulse Audio by default is a bad idea. You think this is
heated? You should have been on IRC when I posed these JACK through PA
by default questions. ;)

In Ubuntu Studio we have a wrapper script around jackd to stop Pulse for
JACK and restart it once done. This is what most users have wanted based
on feedback.

If latency isn't an issue, use Jokosher or maybe Audacity. People who
need to use Ardour need the performance JACK and Ardour can provide
without added overhead.

-Cory \m/