On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 12:43 PM, Sam Tygier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Intrepid seems to me like a good time to include the prefetching work that
> was done in 2007 summer of code. and maybe preload as well (more for
> application load time than boot time), if the two can work together.

Quoting one of the last comments from the brainstorm idea:

"
Hello everyone.
I am the author of Google Summer of Code 2007 prefetching for Ubuntu.

I did not get any feedback on prefetch project mailing list (or any
other way), so I thought it is not used, and did not have motivation
to further work on it. And then I have come across this site :)

I will soon be working on adapting my prefetching solution to K/Ubuntu
8.10, so I need as much information about performance, problems,
regressions, etc. as possible.

Please send comments about prefetching to mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (no subscription necessary, just send
e-mail) or report bugs on Launchpad project
(https://launchpad.net/prefetch/).

TIA

Krzysztof Lichota
"