Hi again,

> After that, one question of mine would be what happens when the
> internet connection goes away; does it fallback to Totem's
> thumbnailer, or do we get the ugly octet-stream icon?

The creator of the software answered this:

"the fallback system is very flexible. It should work also with Xubuntu.
It does something like this:
cover=$(wget etc...)

If there is no connection wget should fail and if it fails there is no
cover, if there is no cover the fallback system is used.

The fallback system checks first for gnome-video-thumbnailer, if it
doesn't exit it tries totem-video-thumbnailer (xubuntu I think), if that
one neither exist it checks for mplayer-video-thumb.sh"

So yes, it falls back to totem's thumbnailer.

That aside, the author also asks one question and I would like to know
your opinion:

"Do you want this to work for all videos by default?
Right now it only works for the paths specified in the config file but I
can change that, it should be very easy."