On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Chris Cheney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 11:30 +0530, Vishal Rao wrote:
>> What is the latest status of the possibility of including OOo 3 and FF
>> 3.1 by default in Intrepid?
>
> OpenOffice.org 3.0 will be in Intrepid but it is looking like it will
> not be as the primary version that is installed by default. The release
> candidate and final dates for OOo 3 were originally set to Jul 25th and
> Sep 2 respectively, but OOo has slipped a lot from those dates. OOo
> 3.0rc1 is still not released yet, it is currently expected to be
> released on Sept 8 which puts the final release around Oct 20. That
> doesn't leave enough time to make it even marginally stable, since that
> would be only 3 days before the Intrepid release candidate.
>
> If OpenOffice.org had been able to keep closer to their originally
> stated schedules then this problem wouldn't have occurred.
>
> Chris

Now that RC2 has been out a couple of days, and that
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OOoRelease30 states that they
are currently shooting for final release on Oct. 7 rather than 20, is
there any news on this front?  Granted, it's still very tight, but at
least looks more promising.  Meanwhile, default or not, I still don't
see OOo3 packaged and in the Intrepid repos at all, which scares me a
lot.  Any progress on that portion?

--
Tony Yarusso
http://tonyyarusso.com/