On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 11:06 PM,  <scott.r.le...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've used Rhythmbox before and never really liked it. I can't really say
> what I didn't like about it, it always felt too heavyweight (much like
> Exaile did as well). For music playing I'm very much of the school of old
> school Winamp/XMMS. I don't need a lot of fancy album art, or autoscrobbling
> last fm stuff. Give me a playlist and minimize to the tray, and I'm good.

You can easily configure Rhythmbox to look like that. Here [1] you see
Rhythmbox without any plugins enabled, playing a simple playlist I
quickly threw together. Here [2] you see a minimal view of Rhythmbox,
achieved by hitting Ctrl+D. You can also minimize it to the
notification area by clicking on its icon there.

Remco

PS: you don't see a menu bar in my screenshots because I use the
Global Menu [3], screenshot [4].

[1] http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=wb58xl&s=5
[2] http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=jhu3af&s=5
[3] http://code.google.com/p/gnome2-globalmenu/