Am 13.01.2009 um 00:37 schrieb Joseph Smidt:

> As you all know there has been tremendous discussion over Git vs.
> Bazaar recently.

Has been? Actually, I didn't notice this discussion yet and while I
touched a lot of FOSS projects recently, not a single one uses
Bazaar. Even when working with/for Ubuntu, the use of a revision
control system other than the project's native one didn't surface so
far.

> Why not also bite the bullet and standardize how open source
> projects track how we are modifying software?

Sure. After the ageing of CVS everybody runs in a similar, but
different direction. A nightmare.

As the others mentioned, having a single (git-)interface for
different repos whould be a big leap in the right direction.

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/