On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 11:19 +0000, Andrew Sayers wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Ubuntu developers tend to complain about the ratio of signal to noise on
> this list - that is, the percentage of posts that take up their time
> without helping them to improve Ubuntu.  Many developers have apparently
> unsubscribed from the list for that reason.  Grumbling developers are
> never a good thing for a project, so I'd like to see what can be done
> about it.

Grumbling developers aren't good, no, but then I've also seen how
developers treat and think of their users in the most distasteful ways
on other lists.

There must always be some contention, simply because to segregate
developers away from users is a move that would only serve to make what
we do more out of touch and in the end more useless to none technical
people. These people are not going to know how to talk geek with us.

I don't mind user posts, I quite like to see non-developers being
involved with development. I'd like it more if developers didn't
consider community interaction 'noise'

Regards, Martin