Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
> Remco wrote on 12/02/09 22:33:
>> Every program that hangs but doesn't release grabs is a problem. You
>> could certainly implement some kind of solution to that, but only
>> after that solution is implemented, C-A-B or equivalents should be
>> disabled. Not before.
>
>     The fact is, many things are easier to fix afterwards.
>     Particularly because that's the only time you'll find people
>     motivated enough to bother about it. If you were to need to fix
>     everything before-the-fact, nothing fundamental would ever get
>     fixed, simply because the people who can fix one thing are not
>     usually the same people who can fix another.
>
>      -- Linus Torvalds <http://lwn.net/2002/0418/a/lt-breakage.php3>

So true.  This is off-topic, but we've had the problem in bug 217908 [1]
for almost a year now, simply because the cairo folks are to nice to
expose bugs in the drivers.  And no surprises here, even after sending
patches to the upstream driver projects, three of them still haven't
fixed the issue.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/217908