On Saturday 28 February 2009 6:38:04 am Markus Hitter wrote:
> I can understand this is difficult to get swallowed. For 40 (or more)
> years now, the rule was 1 pixel = 1 dot on the screen. A picture,
> 100px x 100px in size used to use exactly 100 x 100 dots on screen.
> Now, this is no longer true.

Wait...what?  A pixel will no longer be 1 dot?  Er... So what would a pixel be
then?  And what do we call one of those little squares?  Or are you talking
about the way people try to measure in pixels?

Supposedly, there were always 72 pixels in an inch.  But that really just
confuses pixels with DPI, and as you said only worked on Macintosh screens.
Pixels wouldn't stop being the name for the individual dots of color in a
photo though.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo