I wanted to do a check. I booted the alpha 5 livecd on 2 laptops:
a 15.4" with 1280x800
and my 14.1" with 1440x900

The result is strange, since the 2 laptops render the font in 2 different ways.

The first looks really good (and now I've understood why lots of
people here are saying that the default font is ok)
The second instead renders the font as it was BOLD.

See the 2 photos of a comparison, taken with an 8mpx digital camera:
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/23227153/1280x1024_15.4.JPG
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/23227175/1440x900_14.JPG

Can you tell me if this is normal? I really thought that the result
should be exactly the same, but as you can see it isn't.