On 03/29/2009 05:29 PM, (``-_-´´) -- BUGabundo wrote:
> Olá Stewart e a todos.
>
> On Friday 27 March 2009 00:09:11 Stewart Johnston wrote:
>> Slightly to one side, when Apport starts and walks me through the
>> process of filing a bug, the first thing I do is nip off and search
>> Launchpad for the same bug, then if I find one I cancel apport.
>
> Its just a petty that the apport logs are lost when you mark it as a dupe of
> an existing one.
> I've seen triagers/devs request for that info.
>
> I've even filed new bugs just to have apport upload the data, and then
> manually dupe it to the master bug, mentioning that I have a dupe with new
> apport data.
>
> Cant the apport data still be uploaded to dupes, until some flag* is added
> saying no more apport data is needed (saving storage on LP) ?

Normally if you use Apport to file bugs it will mark it as a duplicate
even if the other bug isnt the master bug.
When reporting a crash its normally a good idea not to mark it as a
duplicate since crashes can have simular back trace but not be the same
bug. By filing a new bug using Apport it gives us the information needed
to help you better if it is not marked as a duplicate.

--
Sincerely Yours,
    John Vivirito

https://launchpad.net/~gnomefreak
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JohnVivirito
Linux User# 414246

"How can i get lost, if i have no where to go"
    -- Metallica from Unforgiven III