2009/4/4 Nils Kassube <kass...@gmx.net>:
If you don't trust update-manager you would have to check everything
after an update. I don't think anybody will do that even after
providing the password. Most users don't even know what to look for to
check the system.

That's not the point I'm trying to make. Maybe it's not as big an issue as I
think, but I meant if update-manager had any possibility of crashing then
perhaps a malicious user/program could use it to escalate privilieges (I've
personally found 1 or 2 root escalation bugs in GDM for example, how would we
guarantee not to have the same problems here)?

--
Matt Wheeler
m...@funkyhat.org