I reported a crash in Synaptic yesterday:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/synaptic/+bug/355415

Now, the "Apport retrace service" invalidated this bug because I don't
have scrollkeeper installed.  But scrollkeeper is deprecated and
replaced by rarian-compat (which is a dependency of ubuntu-desktop).

Also, Synaptic installs & works just fine *without* scrollkeeper.

Seems like something is wrong with the retrace service, and I wonder how
many legitimate crasher bugs have been invalidated because of this?
I really hope not too many other packages are impacted, and I think it
might be useful to have a look at the invalidated bugs reported against
those packages...

PS: I'd be happy to file a bug about this, but I'm not sure where to
file it (launchpad, apport-retrace, somewhere else?).

--
Jan Claeys