On Sunday 05 April 2009 08:21:53 Jan Claeys wrote:
> I reported a crash in Synaptic yesterday:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/synaptic/+bug/355415
>
> Now, the "Apport retrace service" invalidated this bug because I don't
> have scrollkeeper installed.  But scrollkeeper is deprecated and
> replaced by rarian-compat (which is a dependency of ubuntu-desktop).
>
> Also, Synaptic installs & works just fine *without* scrollkeeper.

This sounds very similar to the this bug I reported recently:
https://launchpad.net/bugs/341358

> Seems like something is wrong with the retrace service, and I wonder how
> many legitimate crasher bugs have been invalidated because of this?
> I really hope not too many other packages are impacted, and I think it
> might be useful to have a look at the invalidated bugs reported against
> those packages...

Apport consistently rejected at least crasher bugs in kdebluetooth4, which was
crashing on suspend/resume. As you can see from IRC log, it seems that
retracing service does not select " | " dependancies correctly (expects the
first one to be installed).

Regards,
Luka