Today I finally got to the bottom of why apt-get/aptitude update was
failing. The owner of an Australian mirror has moved the files to a
different server.

Apart from updating the sources.list, and updating the bug that supplied
the URL to the mirror in the first place, apt-get doesn't appear to be
following a 302 redirect.

Is this expected, normal behaviour, or am I seeing something unusual?

Is there anything that the mirror operator has neglected to do, or
something else?

The ISP is Australia's largest, Telstra BigPond:

The original mirror (203.46.104.10) was:

    * http://mirror.gamearena.com.au/ubuntu/

The new mirror (203.46.104.19) is now:

    * http://mirror.files.bigpond.com/ubuntu/

Comments, suggestions?

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Bigpond NextG at S31°54'06" - E115°50'39" (Yokine, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..