On 04/20/2009 10:04 PM, Derek Broughton wrote:
> richard wrote:
>

>> In order to try and get Virtualbox up I reloaded 2.6.28-11 server,
>> reloaded virtualbox, it starts but borks staring the VM
>>
>> I ran apt-get update, in case I had only had a part update.
>>
>> and got this:-
>>
>> apt-get: update
>> Get: http://ftp.debian.org sid/main Sources
>> Get: http://ftp.debian.org sid/contrib Sources
>> Get: http://ftp.debian.org sid/non-free Sources
>
> Why do you think that it's OK to use Debian (sid, no less) sources with
> Ubuntu?  And then, why would you think we could fix it.  Debian & Ubuntu
> are _largely_ compatible, but if mixing them breaks things, I'm afraid
> you're on your own.

Some of Debian and Ubuntu binaries can be incompatible with each other,
mainly do to depends and such. Mixing the 2 repos can cause problems.
As i recall we do not have support for Debian repos in Ubuntu, however
this might have changed but i have yet heard if it is supported or not.

--
Sincerely Yours,
    John Vivirito

https://launchpad.net/~gnomefreak
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JohnVivirito
Linux User# 414246

"How can i get lost, if i have no where to go"
    -- Metallica from Unforgiven III