On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 2:47 PM, David MENTRE <dmen...@linux-france.org> wrote:
> Hello Onkar,
>
> Many thanks for you detailed explanations. It is much clearer now.
>
> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 10:05, Onkar Shinde <onkarshi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If you wish that graphviz should be built against latest ocaml in
>> karmic, please file a bug on launchpad and someone from MOTU team will
>> handle it.
>
> Should the bug report filed against the source package (in my example
> "graphviz")?

Yes. By the way, graphviz is in main, so this will need to be handled
by someone from core team (not MOTU team).

> Is there any specific format and/or bug title to follow?

A bug with title "Karmic: Please rebuild with latest ocaml" should do.
Provide any additional information you may want in the description.

>> Please note that this may happen eventually if we do a
>> merge/sync from Debian in near future.
>
> Are those syncs done continuously or only at certain times? In the
> later case, how can I know about them?

The syncs are done automatically on daily basis until DIF date.
The merges are done by developers as they get time. Sometimes merges
get converted to sync when Ubuntu changes are no more relevant.

All the source package uploads for karmic are announced to the mailing
list karmic-changes. The archives of the same can be found at
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/karmic-changes/
You also have an option of watching the binary package additions in
last 7 days (and subscribing to RSS) at
http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/main/newpkg. Replace 'main' with
other section names as needed.

>> You may want to just wait till
>> DIF (Debian Import Freeze) date for karmic - June 25th.
>
> I would much prefer to solve those issues before Debian Import Freeze.
> A transition to OCaml 3.11.1 is already planned in Debian (Karmic is
> currently at 3.11.0).

As you wish. I am not an expert on ocaml.

Cheers,
Onkar