Danny Piccirillo wrote:
> Wait, I have a new proposal! Let's *not* include Empathy in Karmic, but
> plan on including it in Karmic +1 (and /announce/ this)
>
> Why? Well, it will still give Empathy the attention it needs from
> developers to fix the bugs that would be considered regressions during
> the switch without actually replacing Pidgin before they're fixed.
> Aren't i brilliant?

Well, but we basically already did that for Jaunty. At the time it was
decided to wait for Karmic. At some point we have to just bite the
bullet and do it. I'm not a huge empathy fan (it's OK, but pidgin is
better for me) but I think it's clearly the choice going forward and has
a responsive and active development team. Perhaps we should just do it
and try to mitigate any regressions, if any, as best we can for Karmic.

-Jordan