On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 6:15 PM, Matthew Paul Thomas <m...@canonical.com> wrote:

> coz DS wrote on 12/10/09 17:05:
>>
>> Hey all,
>>   I am running ubuntu 9.10 right now fresh install... I noticed  no
>> icons under System menu and a few missing from Places menu in Gnome.
>
> There are fewer icons in menus generally. Places and System are just two
> examples.

Shouldn't this be an all or nothing approach? I'm not attached to the
icons myself but it does look a bit inconsistent in these menus to
have some items without icons and other items (or submenu items) with
icons. It makes it look, at least to me, as if the icons are missing
by accident. Maybe it is worth discussing with upstream whether there
is widespread agreement on the right approach, and following that.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org