On Tue, 2009-10-13 at 11:19 -0700, George Farris wrote:

> I have to agree.  Having icons in the main menu looks good and
> professional but having them missing from the System menu makes the
> system look...well, unfinished.
>
> Cheers

I agree in principle with the guidelines regarding icon use in menus
(ie, only objects get icons), and I think it looks pretty good in most
applications. However, the Places menu just looks broken now with the
odd missing icon. Everybody I've shown it too thought that the icons
were left out accidentally or there was a theme issue, and are surprised
when I tell them it was a design decision.

The menu would actually look marginally better if the icons were removed
completely (like the System menu). It just looks absolutely horrible
right now.

Regards
Chris