I would like to second these thoughts. Also, even for super admin,
while managing a lot of boxes command line can get very dull and
depressive (I *know* how to do samba stuff in command line, but that's
not *why* I am using Linux). Lot of people aren't admins, and they
never will be, but they would like to have small box for file sharing
and stuff. Why we shall block their wish?

Yes, we need GUI - GTK and web based. That wouldn't be a problem. How
to manage all configs and keep ease of use from command line - that's
real challenge. Who will code this?

As example how I would like to see server management for Ubuntu in
gui, see OS X ServerAdmin.

Cheers,
Peteris.

mortigi tempo