On Sat, 2009-10-24 at 19:33 -0400, Martin Owens wrote:

> Lets not call for people to be fired just yet, I'm sure things can be
> improved with some community involvement and a little unmooding of the
> style.

There was a call for concepts from the designers at Canonical to the
artwork team.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Karmic/Boot

A bit later a concept/demo from them:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Karmic/Boot

There has been much criticism, but also cheering on the artwork list and
wiki. There simply are no shared goals, no common vision, so most
comments come down to a "I like it" or "I don't like it".

> Is there an art team? much like the technical board?

Yes, there is an art team, but no, not like the technical board.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork

I think any further discussion should happen on the art list, not here,
if at all.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: