I just helped a Mac user the other day whose cat was stumbling across the keyboard as she scrolled and it ended up doing the zoom gesture. Completely unfamiliar with the feature, she was unable to restore the screen to original zoom level.

So, no, while I feel super-scroll is obvious when you're actively hunting for the sequence, if accidentally triggered it can still lead to confusion without some sort of hint at least the first time activated how to restore.