Derek Broughton wrote:
> Christopher Chan wrote:
>

>> Derek Broughton wrote:

>>> For remote admin of what, though?  If you're going to remote admin both
>>> Windows and 'nix boxen, why wouldn't you be using your Linux desktop?  If
>>> you're remote administering Windows boxes, then RDP is the way to go.  I
>>> administer a heterogeneous environment, and I've never felt the need to
>>> add X to Windows.
>>>

>> Well, you see, they have this great idea of creating a server
>> administration GUI tool for Linux and given that one of the first things
>> the OP was hoping for (a replacement for Windows ADS servers) it would
>> appear that the workstations will primarily be Windows.
>>

> Then there's no need for X on Windows.  I'm still not getting something...

Remotely administer a UDS server with a non-web-based, X-based GUI and
therefore you need an Xserver on Windows. xrdp is probably better given
that rdp is way faster than X or if we are going to install something on
a Windows workstation to remotely administer a UDS server, just use
freenx. Think mom and pop shop.