2010/2/24 Scott James Remnant <sc...@ubuntu.com>:
> On Sun, 2010-02-07 at 16:16 +0200, Timo Jyrinki wrote:
>
>> Any objections or observations for a MIR (main inclusion request) of
>> usb-modeswitch and inclusion on the default installation of Ubuntu
>> 10.04 LTS? Binary package size is 30kB + 10kB (data).
>>
> I have an objection on the basis that we *already* have modem-modeswitch
> (in the udev binary package), and Kernel code that already attempts much
> the same thing.
>
> We shouldn't have three independent pieces overlapping like this,
> especially since we'll almost certainly end up with conflicts between
> them.
>
> One of these should "win" to be the default; that discussion shouldn't
> be specific to Ubuntu but should happen on the upstream
> linux-hotp...@vger.kernel.org mailing list.

I fully agree with you Scott, however I am not sure which one of us
should start discussion there. Would be nice for you Ubuntu guys to
start pushing this idea, because you have some backing.

Anyway, I'm subscribing to that list and if no one will volunteer, I
will try to initialize discussion.

Cheers,
Peter.