On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 8:33 PM, Patrick Goetz <pgo...@mail.utexas.edu>wrote:

> > Subject: Re: Troubleshooting boot problems
> > From: Brian Vaughan <bgvaug...@gmail.com>
> > Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 07:53:30 -0700
> >

> Next, suppose I don't want to run ufw -- what's the procedure for
> turning this service off?  Deleting the ufw.conf script from /etc/init?
>  This seems terribly irreversible.

I have asked about this recently, implementation is pending:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/upstart/+bug/94065

I don't know the answers for the others, I feel that the push of this
features which require significant effort is being done at the cost of
better documentation and missing features.

The good thing is that Upstart developers are usually present on the
#ubuntu-devel channel on IRC, you can easily get an answer for most
questions.

Thanks

João Luís Marques Pinto
GetDeb Team Leader