On 25 September 2010 14:58, Daniel Chen <seven.st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 9:30 AM, Fergal Daly <fer...@esatclear.ie> wrote:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pymtp/+bug/575091
>>
>> is 4 months old, has 2 patches to fix this library (which is
>> completely broken in lucid) but no one on the Ubuntu side has
>> responded,
>
> Alas, I'm sure this is due to resource constraints (i.e., fewer active
> and able maintainers in Ubuntu for the huge pool of universe sources).
>  Thanks for raising it, however.
>
> Looking at the patch, much of it seems to be unnecessary whitespace
> changes, which explodes the diff.  The actual changes themselves seem
> reasonable, but there needs to be a lot of testing for both Maverick
> and Lucid at this point.  If patches can be generated against the
> Maverick and Lucid sources separately and posted to the bug report,
> that would help tremendously.  The changes would need to include the
> relevant bit from Debian's 0.0.4-2 upload, too.

The first attachment is a patch (not a new version of the file) and
has no extraneous whitespace.

As for testing, basic operations like listing tracks or playlists
segfault right now. The ABI has changed. The python library is not
swigged, it uses python's module for accessing C structs and calling C
function. Since extra fields have been inserted in a C structs, the
python library is then off by some number of bytes and starts using
the modifcation time or some other field as the pointer to the next
item in the list.

So I claim that no testing whatsoever was done on this library before
now, I don't see why that suddenly becomes a barrier,