On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Fergal Daly <fer...@esatclear.ie> wrote:
> The first attachment is a patch (not a new version of the file) and
> has no extraneous whitespace.

I see only one attachment for that bug report,
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pymtp/+bug/575091/+attachment/1535455/+files/pymtp_patched.py,
which doesn't seem to be a patch but in fact a complete source file
(sha256sum):

4ce862a14a0041bb9b6c447959930482291b8d73ef6ed7cfb1b0b2e03b3d5543
pymtp_patched.py

> So I claim that no testing whatsoever was done on this library before
> now, I don't see why that suddenly becomes a barrier,

I believe there has been a misinterpretation of my response, which was
simply a set of points to take into consideration when going through
the StableReleaseUpdates procedure.

Best,
-Dan