On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 09:50:03AM +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Hello Gonsole,
>
> Gonsolo [2010-09-27  2:57 +0200]:
> > I own a web server with tight space (1GB). Over 300MB are in /usr,
> > over 25MB in /usr/share/doc. I'd like to remove all files in
> > /usr/share/doc but unfortunately it is not as easy as removing all
> > -doc packages.
>
> You can do that relatively easily in Maverick thanks to a new dpkg
> feature:
>
>   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReducingDiskFootprint#Drop%20unnecessary%20files

Wouldn't it be better/safer to use

    find /usr/share/doc -depth -type f ! -name copyright -delete || true
    find /usr/share/doc -empty -delete || true

instead of piping filenames through |xargs rm/rmdir?

Marius Gedminas
--
Go not unto the Usenet for advice, for you will be told both yea and nay (and
quite a few things that just have nothing at all to do with the question).