On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Gonsolo <gons...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I own a web server with tight space (1GB). Over 300MB are in /usr,
> over 25MB in /usr/share/doc. I'd like to remove all files in
> /usr/share/doc but unfortunately it is not as easy as removing all
> -doc packages.
>
> Is it possible to set up a policy that all packages that have files in
> /usr/share/doc should be -doc packages and split from the main
> package?

Also, note that you can "wget http://manpages.ubuntu.com/dman";, make
it executable, and then use 'dman [foo]' to remotely retrieve each
given manpage from the web.  Thus, you could remove all of
/usr/share/man and just use 'dman' to pull manpages from the web on
demand.

I have packaged this tool and will be uploaded it for Natty (with a
couple of other interesting hacks).

:-Dustin