On 09/03/2010 05:31 AM, John Vivirito wrote:
> Nvidia upload may fix this problem but if you look at
> https://launchpad.net/bugs/616023
> that will fix the abi problem and that is the most widely bug.
> it should be push through new by now if not than soon

So here we are...
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/626974
[ABI change in xorg 1.9 breaks legacy nvidia-96 and nvidia-173 drivers
in Maverick]

As I predicted, multiple legacy nvidia card users are just now
discovering that their cards do not work with 10.10.

AaronP (nvidia) and nvidia in general seems to have gone walkabout & no
word from Ubuntu dev's regarding any relief. I wonder if it's time to
slashdot...