On 11/07/2010 05:17 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 10/18/2010 10:27 PM, NoOp wrote:
>> On 10/18/2010 09:18 PM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
>>> What would the headline be, "Ubuntu Developers Fail To Fix Binary Drivers
>>> They Don't Have Source For"?
>>
>> Perhaps: "Switch to xorg 1.9 leaves multiple users behind".
>
> Added note: nVidia provided a fix on Nov 3...
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers-96/+bug/626974/comments/71>
> yet no assist (yet) from devs to resolve. Manually installing will break
> with new kernel updates; can we get someone from Ubuntu to resolve this
> so that those of us with older nVidia cards can upgrade/install Maverick
> properly?

Nobody eh? Perhaps someone could appoint Darik Horn to do the packaging.

It's pretty disheartening when Ubuntu moves to a major release point and
continues to ignore nVidia legacy card users. The first was: we can't do
anything until nVidia fixes the issue... now that nVidia has fixed the
issue Ubuntu users are still waiting for an official assist/fix.