On Friday, February 25, 2011 01:52:17 PM Román H. Gelbort wrote:
> El 22/02/11 17:56, Dmitrijs Ledkovs escribió:
> >> Now, with the becoming of LibO to Ubuntu... ¿Is there the possibility

> > This has been previously discussed. A vanilla version of
> > OpenOffice.org was never quite part of Ubuntu. We had OO.o + Novell's
> > Go-OO patches + something else. Ubuntu did used to ship with "Sun" and
> > later with "Oracle" logos on the splash screen though, despite not
> > shipping "vanilla" OpenOffice.org.
> >
> > OpenOffice.org is a huge application which requires a lot of work to
> > maintain. And most likely will not happen due to technical, governance
> > and social reasoning being in favour of LibreOffice.
> >
> > Have you considered joining the Document Foundation and do marketing for
> > both?
>
> In this moment, I'm participating in both projects... and I have one
> responsibility with my customers (in corporations) that requires
> stability  and confiability.
>
> Actually, LibO can't offert this. Is a time cuestion. LibO is a great app!
>
> In my customer's enterprices I recommend install OpenOffice.org Vanilla,
> because the go-oo version create me big troubles in the past.
>
> This petition (add OOo PPA) is for increase the liberty for the end
> user. At least to LibO grow up.

Anyone can set up a PPA. If you are looking for this, maybe this is an
opportunity to set up a PPA, and see who wishes to join and help out (assuming
others have enough interest in this).

Though, I believe that the case for this may be too small to manage
effectively. Meaning, you probably will have a hard time finding enough people
to want to help on this, to make it worthwhile. Especially since hte future is
LibreOffice and not vanilla OOo (at least in Ubuntu).