On 09/23/2011 10:56 PM, Allison Randal wrote:
Hi all,

While we're all in the final preparations for Oneiric, it's round about
that time in the cycle to start thinking about plans for the next cycle.
What's on your mind?

In general, avoid big new things that will be half-baked if we start working on them in P, and focus on finishing off things that are currently half-baked in O.

Other than that, I think it'd be great if we could focus a bit on power consumption (i e, make your laptop battery last longer, for different workloads). Battery life has been a real seller lately for Dell/HP/Lenovo/etc, and with all benefit that open source has of being able to analyse the entire stack of things, I'm pretty sure we could beat Windows quite well - but I'm not sure we currently do (because we don't even measure it, or do we?).

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic