On Monday, September 26, 2011 06:58:45 PM Barry Warsaw wrote:
> The python-dbus issue is a tricky one.  I understand that it's a blocker for
> KDE.

Python-opengl is another one.

While I know PyQt4 and PyKDE4 have Python3 ports, I have not examined how
complete they are, but I'm sure they need more upstream work as well.  There
are also quit a number of Python based applications that, AFAIK, are unported
in KDE.

If you aim your minimum Python version at 2.6, it's not that hard to write
code that works with both python and python3.  If you want a "P" target for
Python3, I'd suggest getting Ubuntu custom code working in either so that we
can through the switch when ready would be a really good goal.

Scott K