There are several situations where I need to find an executable. One that comes
immediately to mind is when I need to specify what program to use to open an
online stream and the program I want is not appearing in an offered list. So I
need to go find the .exe. At least this is how I have always gone about solving
this problem. I have tried using the $which command but this rarely works for
me. The $which command often can't find the exe because the exe has been placed
somewhere else (hence why putting all this stuff in one place is a good idea).