I don't think a couple of people expressing a little frustration with
a couple of missing or removed features, is a good reason to remove
something from the default install.

Even if I use the Twitter web site to interact with it, and gwibber is
"slow" to update, it is useful to see the notifications which pop up
due to gwibber running on my system (though I have a bug with where
the notifications are popping up, in notify-osd).

Have you even looked at implementing any of these features you're
complaining are missing, and contributing to gwibber to make it better?
If not, what is your suggestion for replacing it? You would need an
app/service which provides at least the important gwibber is currently
providing to the rest of the system.

If you haven't got a reasonable replacement, then your only goal is
to punish others by removing something they might use, because you
have some frustrations with it yourself.

Also, it's certainly too late to remove or add things to 12.04. It
is about the time when all the blueprints for UDS start rolling in
though, so perhaps you can suggest it be discussed during the default
apps session, which happens at every UDS.

Cheers.