On 04/06/2012 06:53 PM, Dale Amon wrote:
Did a whole bunch of 'Precise' updates that showed up today
and on reboot the server is continuously printing:

Buffer I/O error on device fd0, logical block 0
end_request I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0

It comes up to where I can get an ssh session after about
a half hour. (1)

Has anyone else gotten bit this way? Is there any
general advice for things that might be a work around?

I'm going hunting but I have no idea what I am looking
for yet...

1 A pet peeve of mine: a long time ago when I
   hand rolled critical systems out of linux, I had ssh come
   up almost before anything else. I consider it a bug that
   it is delayed so long in the boot process, as do some
   other hard core sys admins I know...

As has been indicated in other threads you have started
this mailing list is for Developer Discussion and not
for support or complaints about certain features.

If you need support please feel free to utilize the
resources available:
http://www.ubuntu.com/support

--
Benjamin Kerensa             "I am what I am because
Team Lead, Ubuntu Oregon      of who we all are" - Ubuntu