On Sat, Apr 07, 2012 at 11:14:23AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> sshd is started as soon as all filesystems are mounted, which I can tell
> you is considerably earlier than it used to be started!  I'm not going
> to change it for precise now, but it'd probably be possible to start it
> as soon as all *local* filesystems are mounted.  Feel free to file a bug
> about that.

At one point I tried to build a 'special' statically
linked ssh... an effort that didn't work out... with
the idea of having it available on some port as an
emergency backdoor for sysadmins that came up as
soon as networking was up. The idea was that if things
went bad and you were 4000 miles away from the data
centre...

Just another of those things that I might have done,
if I lived on a planet with 48 hours days.