On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 09:45:59AM -0300, German Larrain M. wrote:
>                                                      Well, issues like this
> are the ones that motivate a fork (e.g. OpenOffice and LibreOffice) at one
> time or another. Is it necessary to reach that point? I don't think so. It
> would be a waste of code and resources.

Forks happen when people disagree. Is there really any disagreement
here? Have any privacy-related patches actually been rejected, or is it
just that nobody has written them?

We've just had the Ubuntu Developer Summit during which the next release
was planned, and everyone was welcome (both in person and online). I
must have missed the session on privacy, or did nobody propose one?

(posting with my personal hat on, and not my Canonical one; I get paid
to work on Server/Cloud, not Desktop/Client)