On 24 June 2013 13:13, Marc Deslauriers <marc.deslauri...@canonical.com> wrote:
> On 13-06-24 08:07 AM, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
>> J Fernyhough wrote on 22/06/13 16:06:

>>> This is excellent! One quick feature request: a "remember this
>>> choice" checkbox. ;)
>>
>> I don't understand. Why would Ubuntu forget the choice otherwise?
>>

> Because granting a permission may depend on the context?
>
> For example, I may want to allow a photo application to use my GPS to tag a
> picture when I'm in some public place, but not when I take a picture when I'm
> at
> home.
>
> Granting a permission shouldn't mean I grant it forever, unless I decide it
> should be forever...having both "Just this once" and "Always" buttons
> satisfies
> my use case.
>
> Marc.

Exactly this.

Though having buttons would result in four choices: Yes, No, Always,
Never. Having buttons and a checkbox would be three: Yes, No,
Remember. I think the SuperUser apps on Android might be a good
example of how a single request might look? It could get a little more
complicated if the app requests several permissions at once, though.

SU old style:
https://lh5.ggpht.com/lajZW6rCFPn8N9PLpNOQmCtGmmC4vfhUPXq9DVTSQ5eCDNjQVW0zOBgm1T-pCcEAQoXh
SU new style:
https://lh5.ggpht.com/8O1yWEIusmeXT76UGaMJCRArG4CyQoTemPonZElB4DKOClM-KKe_mwnPMhn_pR5HEUQ