Am Donnerstag, den 25.07.2013, 13:23 -0400 schrieb Eric Sage:
> Hello.
>

>     I have had a passion for Ubuntu and open source several years now,
> and although I attempted many times to jump in to contributing, I
> could never seem to find the courage or correct place to start. So,
> I'm writing this in the hopes that someone might point me in the
> correct direction. I have read all the beginning development guides,
> and while the information there was helpful, I couldn't pinpoint a
> place for me to begin working. I'm looking for some tasks that require
> less of a learning curve that I can start immediately. I have already
> looked at the ubuntu bug tracker, but I could not seem to find a good
> starting place there as most of the bugs seemed rather specific to a
> certain program or technology that I am unfamiliar with, but would
> like to eventually! Anyway, I hope this reaches the ears of someone
> who can help me, as I am quite eager to begin working.

Hi,

welcome in the Ubuntu community. Here are some questions that might
point you in a direction. Do you ran into bugs that you want to have
fixed? You can scratch your own itch by (trying to) fixing them. That
got me involved. Are you passionate about specific application? You
could look at those. Are these packages up-to-date?

--
Benjamin Drung
Debian & Ubuntu Developer