Hello,
Actually I already publish this questions on AskUbuntu, but I think I
should also send to this mail list. Please help.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/341155/confusing-about-building-openstack-packages

I found OpenStack build task on Ubuntu QA site, but I am a little confusing
about the build steps.

Here's the link for build steps:
https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/view/Openstack_Testing/view/Grizzly/job/precise_grizzly_keystone_stable/275/consoleText

>From the jenkins build log, I know the steps how ubuntu build a Openstack
packages:

   1. get openstack code from github, use git clone
   2. build openstack tar.gz file using python setup.py sdist
   3. use bzr to get the debian control files which is maintenance by
   cananical
   4. use dch command to generate a new build release and commit it to local
   5. use 'bzr builddeb -S -- -sa -us -uc' to generate source package and
   related control file, such like 'dsc'
   6. sign the package
   7. use 'mk-build-deps' to install dependency
   8. use 'sbuild' to generate the real deb packages
   9. upload to testing repos

My questions is:

   1. In step 5, we already can generate the deb packages without '-S', but
   why we finally use 'sbuild' to generate it? Is this only for signature?
   2. What's the difference between 'bzr builddeb' and 'sbuild'?
   3.

   I found the build scripts which jenkins used is located here:
   ~openstack-ubuntu-testing/openstack-ubuntu-testing, but when I try to run
   any commands under bin, I always get:

   root@demo:~/openstack-ubuntu-testing/bin# ./build-package
   Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "./build-package", line 14, in <module>
       from openstack_ubuntu_testing.build.component_build import ComponentBuild
     File
"/home/sysadmin/openstack-ubuntu-testing/bin/openstack_ubuntu_testing/build/component_build.py",
line 11, in <module>
       from schroot.executor import SchrootExecutor
   ImportError: No module named schroot.executor

I tried to use pip to install schroot, but it seems they don't have a
executor in it.

Please help.

Best Regards
-- Ray