Hello:

Please let me know if this is not the correct place to make this
suggestion/request. First time mailing here.

eg /boot/grub/x86_64-efi/grub.cfg Second best would be to look for architecture
specific filename eg grub-x86_64-efi.cfg.

Rational: When setting up a network boot server, it is may be desirable to have
different grub.cfg files for different architectures. This allows setting
different defaults and images. This is already done for module loading, just
not for the config file. My preference would be to check for architecture
specific file first (root)$prefix/$arch/grub.cfg then fall back to the current
path of (root)$prefix/grub.cfg.

Impact: Many architectures cannot share boot files. Eg. X86_64-efi and
i386-efi. To deal with this scenario, it seems to require much conditional
scripting in grub.cfg or jiggling $prefix and file locations to trick different
builds of grub to load from different locations. This is not a big deal when
booting from a hard drive since the architecture is known. This becomes a big
deal with network booting from a shared location. It seems to me that this
would also be useful for USB/CD boot to support more architectures in a single
media device.

Thank you for any attention you can pay this matter.

Regards,

Joe M.