On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 08:43:50 -0400, Luis Mondesi wrote:
>When you do a clean install of 15.10 you get the Full Systemd
>Experience ™ It's very awkward for the first 30 seconds or so, but one
>gets used to its quirks very fast.
>
>Cannot really complaint about it. Just continue on...

Hi Luis,

I strongly disagree.

For my everyday production environment I run Arch Linux since February
2012 with a clean systemd.

This year in July I installed Wily from the server ISO on this
multi-boot machine. What I got wasn't a "Full Systemd Experience", but
a mess with init scripts and wrappers/workarounds.

Btw. I'm still not used to systemd after using it for around 3 years,
but for my workflow a clean systemd at least is easier to handle, than
the Wily hybrid.

You might get used to the Wily hybrid systemd within 30 seconds, you
also might get used to a clean systemd within 30 seconds, but Wily
definitively is a mix including init script and wrappers/workarounds and
absolutely _not_ a "Full Systemd Experience".

Regards,
Ralf