On Tue, 29 Mar 2016 04:20:15 +0200, Tom H wrote:
>If you add "nofail" to an fstab entry's options, the generated mount
>unit "wants" local-fs.target or remote-fs.target and boot won't fail
>if it fails.

The OP expect this to be the default, perhaps the OP expects all users
have the same needs as he has got. Since the OP is not interested to
read provided links or to google, to get at least basic knowledge, we
just throw pearls before swine.

>This is more of an ubuntu-users question

Assumed the OP wants to get help to understand FHS, freedesktop and all
the other things the OP doesn't understand, then yes, ubuntu-users would
be the appropriate place to sent those requests. However, the OP
perhaps should consider to stop calling names and to beginn writing
shorter emails, one for each issue. One reason for this is, that it's
common to first read an entire request and after that to read it again
and to reply to each question, resp. assumption. I doubt that many
subscribers read the OPs too long mails, full of wrong assumptions, let
alone to read each mail two times, to clarify each misunderstanding,
resp. lack of knowledge.

Should we explain why e.g. opt/ is a useful directory, what /usr/local
actually is for, if the subject is about booting encrypted "home data"?

Btw. even distros that by default reduce the amount of directories
should be used with links:

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ ls -Ggd /bin /sbin /usr/bin/ /usr/sbin
lrwxrwxrwx 1      7 Sep 30 21:17 /bin -> usr/bin
lrwxrwxrwx 1      7 Sep 30 21:17 /sbin -> usr/bin
drwxr-xr-x 5 217088 Mar 27 21:41 /usr/bin/
lrwxrwxrwx 1      3 Sep 30 21:17 /usr/sbin -> bin

Compatibility is worth an award :D.

Regards,
Ralf