Hi all,

The naming scheme of just  "Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS" is no longer
meaningful when it comes to determining what kernel/mesa/xorg you are
on.   It's also confusing to many users what 14.04.4 actually means
and it makes determining if you are supported more difficult [1].

I propose for 16.04 we change it so that the HWE# is included in the
version, so it's trivial to determine the support level.

So for example, if we had done this for 14.04 we would have releases like:
Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS - Everyone up-to-date with stock kernel
Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS HWE15.04 - Out of date with vivid kernel
Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS HWE15.04 - Up-to-date with vivid kernel
etc

This does mean we could decide to provide downloads for both (we do
have some demand for this):
Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS (Stock kernel)
Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS HWE1510 (Wily HWE)

And now we can differentiate between them in the same way on the
download site as in an installed system.

Thoughts?
Bryan

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/1204_HWE_EOL
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases