The 'Synaptic Package Manager' program cannot remove ALL of LibreOffice, even
when asked to do so!!!!!

I told synaptic to do a COMPLETE REMOVAL OF LIBRE OFFICE.  What I got was the
LibreOffice office productivity suite (metapackage) went unchecked, but the
impress, calc, draw, math, base-core, libreoffice-help-en-us, writer, core,
common, and libreoffice-java-common options were still installed?????

How is this possible???????  What part of 'COMPLETE REMOVAL' did synaptic not
understand???

I then went and clicked every remaining 'orphan' and told synaptic to remove
completely.  Got a blizzard of warnings about 'held' packages, 'broken'
packages, and other crap. I just told the program to do a COMPLETE REMOVAL. Why
do I care about your 'held' or 'broken' packages????

I Tried again, and voila!  Now the prior messages solved themselves and
everything I asked to be removed is unmarked.

However, the joy was short-lived, because I then discovered the libreoffice
configuration file was still in the '.config' directory!!!!!

.config/libreoffice/4/user

Why? How? For what reason?

I installed this version of libreoffice: 1:4.4.3~rc2-0ubuntu1~trusty1

I am running this version of Synaptic: 0.81.2

My System: Linux Mint 17.2 Cinnamon 64-bit, Cinnamon version 2.6.13, Linux
Kernel 3.16.0-38-generic, AMD Phenom II x4 810 Processor x 4 with 8GiB memory