Rural SBC clusters might work. A 64-bit multi-core SBC cluster in the mairie? Homes use recycled 32-bit boxes with low RAM and a small hard drive. This will be enough to log into the SBC for data or internet when available. It's okay if the 32-bit kernels are not updated that much. We just have to keep 32-bit alive.

There's got to be a foundation which could sell SBC's for 20 euro each as a development project.

Jordan